Urology Expert Forum
Pelvic/groin pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pelvic/groin pain

40 yr old male with pain around scrotum, right side of lower abdomen, groin (both sides) and tail bone (both sides).  Pain is most extreme when sitting.  Up until 3 yrs ago, I had done a lot of jogging, weightlifting, and sit-ups.  Pain began about 3 years ago after case of epididymitis (ep) in left testicle.  Prior to then, both testicles hung rather evenly and freely in the scrotum.  

During the ep episode, I wore a jock strap for several weeks to relieve the pain until the (ep) cleared up.  Since then, the right testicle is now much higher and tighter than it used to be.  In fact, it often feels like the right testicle moves onto it's side, almost upside down, and in all different directions inside the scrotum, especially when the pain is the greatest.

I sleep on my side, and I now need to keep a pillow between my knees when I sleep.  With my legs too close together, I get the painful feeling like I've been punched in the scrotum.

We all know that exposure to cold causes the muscle fibers in the scrotal sac to contract and wrinkle up.  However, since the pain began, my scrotum is in almost constant state of contraction, except after a very hot bath.

Also have some mild lower back pain around L4-L5.

Been to several urologists, who all dismissed the movement of the right testicle as insignificant.  I've been on Doxycycline for about a week now, and I'm just starting some pelvic floor physical therapy, but all doctors I've seen have been stumped as to exactly how to treat?

Could this be a cremaster muscle disorder or neurological condition?  Any thoughts on how to proceed with treatment?