Urology Community
Penis glans(glands) irritation near meatus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

In late November, I started to notice an irritation at the tip of my penis near the meatus.    The skin is slightly raised and in a small crescent shape just to the right of the meatus.   When stretched, there are purple/reddish bumps under the skin.   The skin to the left of the meatus is slightly puffy, is apx ~1/3" in circumference and is more noticeable when I'm erect.  The meatus is red and irritated. The rest of the skin looks fairly normal with some cracking.  Both skin variations are not noticeable at first glance but can be seen upon closer inspection.  A few things to note:

* No discharge
* No pain or irritation when voiding
* I feel an occasional pinch - 2x/week.
* The discomfort (irritation) is constant but the level varies throughout the day.  Nothing greater than a 2 -3.
* I have been tested for STI's twice in the past two months.  Tests included urinalysis (lab) and blood work.  Everything came back normal.
* I took a one month regimine of cipro and ibuprofen (600mg) and 1 week of terbafine hydrochloride.  

The symptoms don't resemble much that I have seen online but then again most images are for worst case scenario.   Any ideas what this might be?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, trauma, erosions, ulcers, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!