Urology Expert Forum
Penis swells on shaft after sex

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Penis swells on shaft after sex

Here's my history:

I'm a 30 year old male. About 2.5 years ago, I received unprotected oral from a promiscuous woman. Soon after that, I started to feel pain in my testes. Got tested for all the std's, all negative. My doctor then checked my prostate, and it was fine. He did an ultrasound on my scrotum, and decided to put me on doxycycline. Seemed to work for awhile.

Now, the "dull ache" has returned (on and off), and almost everytime after sex, my penis swells. It's always on the same spot too - near the bottom on the right, and it's about the size of a big jellybean. It doesn't hurt, and it last about an hour. I don't think it's a vein of any sort, although I'm not sure.

I did a cystoscopy today. He didn't find anything wrong, and he said I should just follow up with my regular doctor. I told him that the ache is still there and the swelling still happens... he said not to worry about it.

Any ideas as to what's gong on?
A cystoscopy is a pretty comprehensive evaluate of the lower GU tract.  You can consider an ultrasound of the penis to look for problems in the vasculature.  A transrectal ultrasound can be evaluated to look for prostatic enlargement or abscess.  

Further evaluation for infection can be done with a prostatic massage and sending off any fluid for analysis and culture.  

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
0