Possible Torn Urethra
While having sex last night I experienced a particularly strong orgasm.  At the moment of ejaculation I felt a sharp stinging pain in the tip of my penis, when I pulled out and examined my penis there was a small amount of very dark red blood welling up at the tip, at the lower poriton of the urethra opening.  I wiped it off and rechecked and another blood droplet formed.  Urination was quite painful that day with a small amount of blood still present, and slighlty painful the next day but with no blood present.  How common is this experience, I've never heard of anyone having this before, I'm 30 years old and have not experienced this in over 13 years of having sex?  Will this area be weakened and more likely to tear in the future?  How long do I have to wait to have sex again?  Thank you for your help.

There is such a thing as a penile fracture (fracture of the penis) which can be due to trauma associated with intercourse. Such an injury would present with a lot of swelling as the blood from the engorged penis can have drainage problems if the penis is injured. What's more, the tear may result in failure of urine to pass- this would be particularly painful. Hence, it is unlikely to present with minimal bleeding so it is more likely that at the most you may have a small laceration. If it continues to bleed, best to have it checked out. If the pain is persistent, best have it checked also - the bleeding may be microscopic, meaning the blood is hidden in the urine stream and you would falsely assume that there is no blood any longer.
Could it also be possible that you have an infection? Pain is usually the more prominent among the symptoms (particularly when initiating micturition./voiding urine) , others would present with fever.
Could it be possible that your sexual partner was having her menstrual period and the blood is a contaminant? Although the pain shouldn't be experienced.