Urology Community
Prostate problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Prostate problems

Hi, I am a 19 year old male. and for the past 6 months i have been having complications with my penis and inside of my anus. I have been tested for all Std's and their all negative, including trich. My doctor has given me Metronidazole, and Doxycycline to help my problem. The problem is my penis gets real itchy on the inside and the only way to scratch is to masturbate. Then the inside of my anus gets real itchy. Ive seen 2 doctors. The first one gave me Doxycycline and that made the itching and discharge stop but now it is back. I went to another doctor monday and he said it was normal and the discharge im noticing is really just my prostate giving off juices. its annoying and i dont know what to do. Im really oout of Ideas. Cam someone please help!!!
Hello donovan88,

The main treatment for bacterial prostatitis is antibiotics to cure the infection. If you have acute prostatitis, you may need to be hospitalized for a few days to receive antibiotics intravenously. Some of these treatments may also be tried for chronic nonbacterial prostatitis. However, there's no strong evidence that antibiotic therapy is useful for nonbacterial prostatitis.

Best