Urology Expert Forum
Re: Excessive Masturbation and Nerve Damage.

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Posted By James  on June 21, 1999 at 09:51:56
Can prolonged masturbation cause nerve damage?

Posted By tipu on June 22, 1999 at 05:08:17
what r the dis advantage of masturbattion and what kind of diseease man can get

Posted By Jeff on June 22, 1999 at 12:58:56
One cannot get a disease from masturbation. It is the ultimate in safe sex.  (Let me amend my blanket statement and say that one actually can catch a disease from masturbation if your hands came in contact with a pathogen that you then passed to your penis.  This is rare, but if you are masturbating with others, don't touch each other and, to be safest, one should always wash their hands before touching their genitals.)
There are no harmful effects from masturbation provided it is done gently, with plenty of lubricant and nothing "kinky" is done that could cause injury to the penis.  I mean, don't go sticking your penis in a vacuum cleaner or a hole in a tree, and dont use Lava soap or Bengay for a lubricant.  The only time masturbation becomes "bad" is when you do it so much that you neglect other things and fail to develop a normal social life.  If you find yourself searching out harder and harder pornography to get off with, and this quest consumes you, you have a problem.  But, if you simply need to get off a few times a week, and your Mothers Victory Secret catalog or a smuggled Playboy or Penthouse is all you need, you are normal.  
Were masturbation normally harmful, 99% of the men would be in the hospital.  

Follow Ups: