Re: Growth in testicle sack
Posted By Patrick on July 05, 1999 at 10:49:47
I just noticed what at first seemed to me to be a third testicle.  Now I think that it may be an attachment to the left testicle.  There is no pain, no blood in the urine.  What might be the problem.  It couldn't be a hernia could it?
How bad is testicle cancer if that is what it is? Thanks

Posted By Doug Bank on July 06, 1999 at 01:10:57
It could be a hernia, but it is more likely to be a spermatocele. It is not likely to be cancer, since TC would need to be a lump ON the testicle, not just near it.
Doug

Posted By Sean on July 07, 1999 at 13:32:38
What do you do about the spermatocele?

Posted By Doug Bank on July 08, 1999 at 00:02:16
A spermatocele does not require treatment unless it causes pain or infertility. I would see a doctor first, though, to ensure that it IS a spermatocele.
Doug

Posted By Sean on July 08, 1999 at 10:32:17
Well I try not to give myself anymore self exams because it freaks me out everytime I feel it.  I'm not sure if that is what it is, but the way Patrick put it is kind of how I felt too.  It doesn't seem like a third testicle, but it feels like a third entity of some sort in the sac.  It's pretty small, and when I have pain in my right testicle, I can feel this third entity.  I've been to my primary care physician on four occasions for him to check me out, and on this last one I finally got him to notice that and he said it was my spermatic cord looping down.  But to me it sounds more like a spermatocele.  Either way he said that the spermatic cord was natural and that nothing was wrong with me.  So, we'll see... I'm debating on whether or not I should go to a urologist for a second opinion.
Thanks for your response.
Take care.

Posted By Barry on July 08, 1999 at 14:59:58
Interesting, I just logged on to see if this was common.  I found this same problem today, appears to be a seperate growth but also seems to be connected to the testicle it's next to. Testicle and growth are more than double the normal size. Causes pain when touched, a bruised feeling but also has a stinging sensation when not being touched. Pain radiates up into lower abdomen. I have had the stinging pain for 3 days but the bruised feeling just began today. I had a vasectomy done 11 years ago with no problems before now. Your advice is very much appreciated  

Follow Ups:

Growth in testicle sack Philip 7/12/1999
(4)

Re: Growth in testicle sack Andy 7/20/1999
(3)

Growth in testicle sack Sean 7/21/1999
(2)

Re: Growth in testicle sack Rob B 7/24/1999
(1)

Growth in testicle sack steve 8/10/1999
(0)