Urology Expert Forum
Sore Penis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sore Penis

I was wondering if you might be able to help me out, I am a 37 year old male. My problem started out about a year and a half ago with a slight pain down my lower left side of my penis. Over a few months the pain got worse and had drooped into my left testicle, also my scrotum area aches for most of the day. I had gone to see a urologist and he diagnosed me with peyronies disease. He told me that I would have a sore penis for about 8 years than the pain would slowly go away. He also told me to take Ibuprofen and Vitamin E daily. He advised me to stay sexually active to keep blood flow through my penis. I do not have a sex partner at this time in my life so I masturbate very gently every few days. Over the past year I am noticing pain also developing on my right side as well and a small bump swells up on my lower right side of my penis after ejaculation when my penis goes soft. this small bump is always soft and goes away after about ten minutes. I do not have a curved penis or any hard scar tissue that would lead me to believe I have Peyronies disease. I do remember having some intense masturbation sessions before this problem had occurred and believe that I damaged my penis. If I did damage my penis would it heal if I do not masturbate for a long time, maybe masturbation is causing strain on it and it will not heal, this is what I think. I tried to not masturbate for a few weeks to see if it would get better but this is hard to do because my penis craves to be masturbated. I guess its like telling a chain smoker not to smoke. My uroligist tells me to stay sexually active so gentle masturbation is okay according to him. I do not know what to think anymore, this problem is very frustrating for me, does it sound like Peyronies disease to you? I have another appointment with a different urologist but it is many months away. Your comments and advise would be greatly appreciated Thank You.