Urology Community
Strep in Urine Culture

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Strep in Urine Culture

My doctors office called today and said I had a small amout of strep in my urine culture and said it isn't something they would normally treat.  I'm going to explain what has been going on a little further.  I had a small kidney stone towards the beginning of the year that my doctor said would pass on its own and after that, I had a kidney infection towards the beginning of May that was treated with cipro 250mg for 10 days.  I don't know if I passed the stone or not.  What is strep in the urine?  I can't seem to find anything that really explains it.  I am diabetic and on insulin.  From what I have found when you are diabetic, no matter how small it is it should be treated cause it can progress quickly.  My kidneys still hurt pretty badly and now I've notice that when I pee I feel like I still have to go more even though I've stopped and my lower abdomen is now hurting (crampy, dull/achy).  I also just found out that my fiancee had genital warts (around his anus) and I don't know when this happend or when he found out cause he won't give me a straight answer all he says is awhile ago.  Can I still get it even though I haven't had any contact with him there and what should I have done to find out what is going on?  I'm very agitated and confused about everything and not getting much sleep.  Any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.