Urology Community
Swollen lymph nodes or inguinal hernia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Swollen lymph nodes or inguinal hernia?

A few days ago i was getting out of a chair and as I stood up, I felt something kind of bulge out of my right upper groin area. I've had this happen a few times in the last 6 months, but it has always felt like it popped right back in a few seconds later, but this time it stayed out. It didn't really hurt when it happened, it just felt like an uncomfortable pressure in my groin. So the next day I went to the clinic at my University and the doctor gave me a physical and informed me that the discomfort I was feeling was a hernia and that I should consult a surgeon.

I made an appointment with a general surgeon that my primary physician referred me to. When I met with him today, he also gave me a physical to ensure that it was a hernia. After checking everything out, he said that I didnt have a hernia, and that it was probably just a swollen lymph node and that it should go away in the next few days/weeks.

Has anyone had a similar experience like this? I am starting to experience more and more discomfort. Its kind of cramp/achey feeling. I dont feel like my lymph nodes would just swell up instantly. I felt a very unusual feeling of something just bulging out.

Thankss