Urology Expert Forum
Testicular cyst

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Testicular cyst

I was kicked in the groin a week and 3 days ago.  Seemed to miss my testicles but landed hard on the front of my pelvis.  Three days later, a dull ache in my left testicle.  I discovered a large (3/4 +") round body above the testicle.  My GP says not related to blow.  I question this.I had a complete physical in Apr and never felt anything until after being kicked. Sent for ultra-sound.  Formal results not back.  Technician said it is a cyst, and that there are others on the right testicle which I can't feel.  Pain is increasing.  Two basic questions:  Could such a blow cause bleeding that would back up as a cyst?  Are such cysts ever related to STDs - I've twice in the last month or so had unprotected sex. Thanks
Hello - thanks for asking your question.

Without seeing the lesion, I cannot be sure what it is.  

Possibilities for a scrotal mass includes cancer, trauma, epididymitis, or a cyst such as hydroceles, spermatoceles or varicocele.  The ultrasound is the appropriate test to take.

It would depend on the area of the trauma, but it would be unlikely that it would cause the cyst - it would already have to be pre-existing.  

If the scrotal mass is determined to be epididymitis, that can certainly be associated with and STD.  Cysts such as varicoceles or hydroceles are not associated with STDs.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
1 Comment
hi im 17 and i have recently discovered a small pea sized hard lump on my right testicle, it seems like there is a thin line holding it there, does this sound like a cyst or cancer? thanks in advance.
A related discussion, Concerned about swelling was started.