Urology Expert Forum
UTI Warning Signs or Something Else?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

UTI Warning Signs or Something Else?

Hi everyone. 27 year old male here and starting yesterday about mid morning after going to the bathroom, I've had the continuing urge to urinate. It's not a strong urge like that which you get from a UTI, I've had a couple, but maybe this is a warning sign of an on setting one? I've not seen any blood in the urine or any bad odor, not getting any pain in bladder or kidney area. I did have some cloudy drops of urine at the end of the stream last night before going to bed but did not notice any this morning. So could this be a warning sign of a UTI, something else I may need antibiotics for or something that will go away in a couple of days?
Thanks in advance for any advice or help you can give.
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Thanks for posting your query.

Urinating more often or waking from sleep to urinate is often a symptom of urinary tract infection. Do not hold your urine. Urinate as soon as you feel you have to. Also drink plenty of water.

About 50% of people will recover without treatment within a few days. If the symptoms persist or worsen even after intake of adequate fluids then Oral antibiotics such as trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole (TMP/SMX), cephalosporins, nitrofurantoin, or a fluoroquinolone may be needed.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank