Urology Expert Forum
Unexplained lower back pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Unexplained lower back pain

I am a 30 year old female who for the past 18 months has experienced recurring pain in my lower right back, just under the ribcage extending around to the right side a bit.  I've been treated several times with Cipro for a kidney infection, after blood was found in my urine, including most recently two weeks ago.  During and between antibiotic treatments, the pain keeps coming back.  Another urinalysis a couple of days ago showed the blood is now gone, once again, from my urine, but the pain continues to come and go. (The second urinalysis--free of blood--occurred before I received the most recent prescription of Cipro.)  I've felt generally unwell for the past 6-12 months, feverish off and on, with the back pain. When I have felt feverish, I've had a slightly elevated temperature accompanied by what I can only describe as hot flashes. Once my doctor even noticed elevated blood pressure.  I've had an ultra sound test where they have found nothing to date but I am getting so tired of the recurrent pain and lack of answers.  I do have a CT scan scheduled for next week.  

By the way, the recurrence of my pain, the feeling of being unwell, and the periodic blood in my urine have become more frequent since I began sexual intercourse with a new partner.

What should my next course(s) of action be?  And do you have any suggestions of possible CAUSE(S) (diseases??) of my problem that I can pursue with my doctor?