Urology Community
Urethra Slings

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urethra Slings

I'm almost to embarrassed to ask.  I went to my 2 week post-op surgery.  I was anxious to know the results of my second surgery with my mid-uretharl sling.  To my surprise the urologist said that he didn't have to do a sling.  He just lifed my bladder, but could understand why by urine flow was still slow.  He then had his nurse perform a dilation of the uretha.  It was extremely painful. Confused even further, I reminded him about the sling that he did the sling surgery in 2007.  He then searched his records, and found that he actually did perform this procedure.  Now he wants to do another urethra procedure.  I think he's covering himself.  This same doctor did a rectocele repair, and now wants to extract some nerves that are causing me pain from vulvodynia.  Please someone advise me before I'm butchered.  My question is this....Is it normal to do a urethra dilation, when you already have a sling?