Urology Community
Urethra pain, not a UTI, help..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Urethra pain, not a UTI, help..

I've had frequent burning before and after urination for a couple years now. I've seen my primary doctor numerous times and she prescribes me antibiotics. Most times the test come back with no result of an infection. I've been tested for std's and had ultrasounds of my bladder and kidneys and it shows nothing is wrong! I feel healthy, but hours before peeing I get a burning sensation and as my bladder fills it increases. After I pee I can have pain in my urethra for hours as well. I've tried everything to stop the pain. During my period it gets worse. Since I was in 7th grade (I'm now a highschool senior) I would get, as it seemed, UTI's and yeast infections and I was not sexually active. I have become sexually active now, but I don't have sex because I'm afraid it will aggitate the pain. Lately I get a pain in my lower side, not above my pelvis but right next to the bone. I recently had an bad UTI a week ago blood in my urine and everything. the test came back with bacteria this time and I'm currently on antibiotics. I stay hydrated as possible and take cranberry tablets. I've changed my diet as well but it seems nothing is helping. Sometimes when I strain myself, lifting objects I get the burning pain in my urethra or in my left side right by the pelvis. I just need advice on what I should do. Should I see another doctor? Or any ideas as to what this is? I really need help, please.
anybody??