Urology Expert Forum
Urine flow weak, weak ejaculation

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Urine flow weak, weak ejaculation

I have had a very weak urine flow since I was young. I am a 30 year old male and physically fit.  I have sex usually 2 times a day.  Even when I do not have sex as often I have not had forceful ejaculations, even as a teen ager I had weak ejaculations and weak usine flow.  I have only had forceful ejaculations very rarely.  I have normal amounts of semen during ejaculation  approx. 5ml. or more.  What could be the problem?
  My wife wonders why I cannot have forceful ejaculations and  often comments on my weak urine flow.  She would like me to be able to have stronger ejaculations.  
  Please answer in this forum.  Thank you.

_
Dear Bob,
There are many reasons for a weak urinary stream however many of these are usually seen in older males.  The fact that you have had these problems your entire life may be a reason for you to be seen by a Urologist.  There are several tests that a Urologist can do to evaluate and tell you if there is a problem.  These tests are listed below:
1) cystoscopy- this is a lighted telescope that can look directly at the urethra, prostate and bladder.  This test would eliminate the possibility of a urethral stricture(narrowing) or a primary bladder neck(high bladder neck)  Both of these conditions could lead to a weak stream and a stricture may account for the weak ejaculation.  Cystoscopy is a very simple test and is performed every day without complications
2)Pressure flow study(urodynamics)-  This study would indicate wether your problem is from an obstruction or if the weak urine flow is from a weak bladder muscle.  This test involves placement of a urinary catheter.
3)Uroflow-  A simple test where you urinate into a collection bin and this is related to time.  This test can suggest an obstruction, but cannot tell you why.
In regards to the weak ejaculation, as mentioned above you may have a stricture .  Due to the amount of fluid(5ml upper limits of normal) I would say that all of you glands are contributing to the ejaculate and that your problem is more in the force needed to expel the fluid.  It would be important to know if you ever had any pelvic surgery or trauma.  Is there any pain associated with your ejaculations?
I do not think that there is any urgency at this time to determine the cause of your weak stream and ejaculations however you may be more at risk in the future for routine urologic problems that occur in older males.
This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition.  More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its satellites (1 800 653-6568).
Sincerely,
HFHS M.D.-AK
*keyword:Weak Ejaculation