Urology Expert Forum
Where is this lesion????

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Where is this lesion????
Please tell me in layman terms where the following lesion is described to be?
"2.4 x 1.9 cm mixed density lesion along the medial, posterior, inferior aspect of the right kidney."
Whats medial, posterior, inferior...in laymans terms.
Am I correct that it means on the outside of the kidney??
(Thats what my medical dictionery seems to say)...but Im not sure
This means there is a lesion in the middle (medial), back (posterior), and lower (inferior) part of the right kidney.  This lesion is within the kidney not outside.

As to what it could be, you may want consider further imaging such as a CT scan or MRI to further define what it could be.  If there is still question despite these tests, a kidney biopsy can be considered.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.