abdominosacral Hydrocele??
Hello, I have had a left sided Hydrocele for 6 months which has grown larger. I am scheduled for a hydrolectomy on Sept 28th. However, over the last week or so, I have swelling and pain in the lower left abdomen which is tender to touch. It is somewhat like a tube extending from my scrotum to my abdomen. Is this normal, or could it be an abdominosacral hydrocele? If it is, is this an emergency? Should I try to go see my Dr sooner? Thanks for your help!!
A hydrocele is a fluid collection within the tunica vaginalis of the scrotum or along the spermatic cord. Hence, you’ve got fluid collection both within the scrotum as well as in the spermatic cord inside the inguinal canal resulting in what you’re referring as abdomino-scrotal hydrocele. These fluid collections may represent persistent developmental connections along the spermatic cord or an imbalance of fluid production versus absorption. I don’t think you need an emergency visit but you should discuss this with your urologist before getting operated. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.