bladder sling
I am being told that a bladder sling is not covered by insurance.  I have a real good insurance plan, and when I had a tubal ligation done 2yrs ago it covered the entire process.  My neighbor says she had one done and insurance does cover it.  I think the doctor I went to didn't want to do the surgery, do I try another doctor?
Hi bTammy,
Right now there is alot of controversy regarding the "sling". Maybe thats why he/she is reluctant.  
You didn't mention your age and if you have had given any vaginal births.  Are you dealing with incontinence? How bad is it?
I had a lift done when I was 29...the worst thing I could have EVER done. Now...27 years later...my bladder is a mess. I need all sorts of surgery now, even without a sling...just a lift and tuck.  I now have adhesions, prolapsed baldder and colon...a mess.
To know if your insurance will cover such a surgery...call them and ask.  But I would NOT recommend the surgery...at all.  There are excersizes that can help alot. Also, if you drink caffiene...that is NOT good for the bladder. Lots of water and bladder training should be tried before any surgery!  Its a major surgery and once done, there is no reversal.  Please research the pro's and con's of this as thoroughly as possible.
Much luck to you btammy.