Urology Community
bleeding from head of penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

bleeding from head of penis

about a week ago i was having sex and we noticed after there was blood on the sheets and then i noticed i was bleeding from the head of my penis on the bottom side of it. i went and had a shower and the bleeding stopped, just this morning it happened again. when the foreskin gets pulled back it feels like something is "ripping" should i be concerned or could it just be a cut of some sort and just give it time to heal?
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to foreskin tear. The skin of the genitalia is more sensitive and fragile and may be easily irritated. Using abrasive soaps may also cause the skin in the area to dry and hence tear easily.

If the tear in your foreskin is so evident that the bleeding is profuse  I suggest you seek immediate consult. For small tears, use some mild analgesics and antiinflammatories. Till there is complete healing, abstain from intercourse or masturbating. Also you can use topical antibiotics like Mupirocin or Bacitracin. Wear cotton clothes and sit in warm sitz baths for some days.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.