Urology Community
blood in urine no pain female

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

blood in urine no pain female

I am a 56 year old female who has a lot of blood in urine with no pain for the past year. Had a Cystascopy (sic) September 2009 and no problems with bladder nor kidneys, however, still bleeding in urine. I have been through menopause and have not had hysterectomy and have had no children. Uroligist doesnt know what the problem is and next appointment is July 2010. What could this be? Could it be an underlying issues and do I need another procedure to ascertain the issue? Thank you
Hello.
As you've already tried to figure out...Blood in the urine comes from four different sources...the urethra (trauma), the bladder, the kidneys, or mixed in from the vagina. If it is not trauma or from the vagina, it is usually caused by an infection or a kidney or bladder stone...have you had a CAT scan or an ultrasound? If not, this may be helpful in finding unexpected issues...I hope this helps...;) ~MM