Urology Community
cystitis? urethritis? something else?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cystitis? urethritis? something else?

Hello, i am a young woman and for the past three days have had symptoms of a urinary tract infection, i.e. pain on urinating,blood in urine,  frequent urination. I was prescribed antibiotics (trimethoprim) for three days, and it calmed down and went away. On the fourth day it flared right back up again, however it is different. I have no pain when urinating, but a constant burning sensation in my urethra which makes it uncomfortable to walk or sit down or do anything. I have also experienced a bit of discharge from my urethra, a pale yellow colour. I was worried it might be an STD, but my boyfriend and I ALWAYS use a condom for everything and I have no vaginal symptoms (bleeding, discharge, pain) whatsoever, but should i still worry about having one? I am going back to my doctor to get the antibiotics again, but i was just wondering if i have nothing to worry about and just take the antibiotics, or there is something wrong and i've now got something different.