Urology Community
detrusor sphincter dyssynergia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

detrusor sphincter dyssynergia

Hello, i just need a second opinion about my urodynamic test results.
Uroflowmetry shows obstructive pattern and incomplete bladder emptying.
cystometry : the urethra function during filling was normal, and the compliance was high (82,20cc/cm.
Pressure uroflowmetry: the detrusor activity during emptying sowed to be hypoactive and high pressure. and the urethra activity was abnormal ( detrusor-sphincter dyssynergia).
EMG showed normal sphincter electrical activity and detrusor-sphincter dyssynergia.

After seeing this results my urologist  said all these was due to my urethra being too small ( despite saying it was fine in previous consult) and proceeded to make an urethral dilatation,  he also prescribe doxazin and mestinon.

I have been reading that detrusor-sphincter dyssynergia is often the first sign of some neurological problems, my doctor never mentioned this. should i have been referred to a neurologist?