Urology Community
foreskin of penis is red, hurts to urinate.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

The foreskin on my penis was red before but has gone down alot after a couple of days to a bare minimum. Also i have a burning sensation when i urinate. I think this started to occur after having unprotected sex with another woman. Can you please inform me of what can be wrong?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to balanitis. It is an inflammation of the glans (glands) penis.

Oral course of antibiotics is needed.In addition,pls don’t use any cosmetics on the penis,instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin.Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin.In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.
I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.