This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal
is it kidney stones?
  I am a 24 year old male 2 and a 1/2 years ago I was sitting on a bar stool and suddenly it hit.  My testicles felt as if i had just gotten racked and my low back got to hurting also.  I went to the doctor the next day and was given dioxycillin for epididimytis, No improvement at all.  Then I was diagnosed with Kidney stones, they were removed via cystoscopy, However they were barely visible on the IVP. Since then all IVP's have came back clean.  There still has been no improvement in my condition, I notice it is hard to start a urination and it doesn't flow very fast, and a frequency of urination and it seems like I have to urinate when I don't.  I have a varicocele on the left side and a hydrocele on the right.  Both of my testicles hurt.  Lately I have been noticing that the epididimys? is becoming hard like a wire and has to curl around in my varicocele.  I often have loose bowel movements and am really starting to feel sick all the time and am losing my energy from the constant back pain and testicle pain. Please Help me.  
Dear Kurt,
Your history is suggestive of kidney stones and you may have had more than one small kidney stone which tried to pass intermittently, giving you the symptoms of flank pain, urinary urgency and frequency and even pain and discomfort in the testicle ( on same side as the passing stone). An IVP does not always show a stone, if it's too small or if it does not cause any obstruction.  A retrograde study, which is an X-ray study done by a urologist in the operating room is usually , but not always, more helpful in diagnosing hard to see stones.  A decision about treating a diagnosed stone  can then be made via basketing the stone, breaking the stone, etc..  Once your stone is retrieved, it should be analyzed to determine what kind of stone it is and if any dietary or other modifications would help prevent further stone formation.
As far as hydroceles or varicoceles  go, they can both be symptomatic and can both be treated surgically with generally good results.  You also have complaints of other general problems. I think you should be evaluated by your primary doctor for those complaints, and should be seen by a urologist for your kidney stones and evaluation of your varicocele/hydrocele.
This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition.  More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its satellites (1 800 653-6568).
*keyword: kidney stones

Discussion is closed
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now