Urology Expert Forum
is there cure for chronic prostatits

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

is there cure for chronic prostatits
hi,im 47 years old and ive had chronic prostatitis since i was 20 yrs old.my search for cure lead me to Tusan arizona where they found 4 or 5 pathegens in my bladder and in my prostate ,but as soon as i started a course of septra and levaquin i got a bad allergic reaction and had to stop.so i went with natural stuff like olive leafs extracts and garlic,in addition to a very strict macrobiotic dieat.my symptoms almost disappeard but now two years later i had a very bad pain after ejaculation so i know im not cured.(also pain in prostate after a bowel movement.)

is there a definite cure for this chroinc disease?how do i find a doctor that will understand and work with me in tha san diego area?im also wondering what you think of the direct injection into the prostate like dr.song does in his clinic in china.his website is prostatitiscure.com.he explains his method on his site.wish i can find a cure in the usa before i go to china.thank you
Chronic prostatitis is certainly a poorly understood disease and one which, therefore, has many supposed cures. If there are many treatments that means that no one really knows the answer or we would all be treating our patients "the right way." The danger is that there is great opportunity for patients to be victimized. I do not know the answer to your question any more than any other urologist, but I do know of individuals who have spent much of their careers studying the problem. You might contact them to find out if there are urologists near you who are experts in this field. J. Curtis Nickel, M.D. in Kingston, Ontario, Canada, Anthony Schaeffer, M.D. in Chicago and Dr. Moldwin in New Hyde Park, N.Y. are some of the educators in what has been renamed "Chronic pelvic pain syndrome."
I would not rush to have my prostate injected! Remember what I said about treatments. Stay with known, reputable physicians who do not claim to have all the answers. See my second  and third sentences, above.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only. It
does not  necessarily reflect the opinions of Henry Ford  Hospital  or the
Vattikuti Urologic Institute.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic
and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical  condition