Urology Community
klebsiella infection not responding to meds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I got sick with a UTI/? pyelo rather quickly. I was working last sunday and got a sharp pain on the right side of my adbomen. Sunday night I started with frequency of urination and blood in the urine. By the time I woke up Monday I was in severe pain in the flank, had a fever and was still having frequency, pain and blood in the urine. I made an urgent appointment that morning to see my family doctor. They had me do a sample that showed a trace of WBC and a trace of blood and sent it off for culture. I was started on Noroxin 400 mg tablets 2 per day for 5 days. On Wednesday, I was still having a lot of pain and hesitancy. I went to see her again and she said the only thing that showed up on the chemical was blood. She did not have the culture back yet and would not switch the meds. She said it sounded suspicious for more than just a bladder infection and gave me a script for more Toradol along with a requistion to have an abdo x ray done and an u/s, which I cannot get till dec. On Friday afternoon the pain was so bad even with the Toradol that I was in tears. One of the doctors at work looked at me and had me do another sample. After five days on Noroxin, my urine still showed 2+ blood and a trace of protein, which it had not shown before and no WBC's. the sensitivity from monday showed it was sensitive to Noroxin and Suprax. The doctor at work started me on Suprax 400 mg once daily for seven days. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I am concerned that this is not going to get rid of it either. This is my second proven bacterial infection in two months. I had an E Coli infection in September and now this one. I hopefully will find out tomorrow what showed on the sample sent friday.
I HAVE KLEBSIELLA ON MY PENIS WITH A RASH.  I HAVE TAKEN A COURSE OF ANTIBIOTICS, HOWEVER THE RASH REMAINS.  HOW CAN I GET RID OF THE RASH?