Urology Community
past surgery for vericocele and hydrocele, now having problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

hello there. i'm a 26 yr old male and i have a surgery for a vericocele and a hydrocele. i had my vericocele surgery in 11-06 and due to complications from that, i developed a hydrocele and had that repaired in 6-07. its been over 2 years for both surgeries. this is the problem i'm having. i've went to the doctor a little while ago and explained to him that i was still hvaing pain. he told me to take ibuprofen to reduce the swelling and i could be having "phantom pains". i had another ultrasound and it was negative for a vericocele. as of now, i'm still in pain on my left testicle side. it still swollen and i can see another hydrocele. now, the right testicle is beginning to bother me. what can i do? if i stand up for a long period of time, i hurt, if i wear certian types of clothes or underwear, i hurt. i haven't been very active due to this. i've had sex and i know everything is working fine. i just want something to take the pain away. i hate not being able to help anyone out or stand for a long period of time. i want to join the military but i know i can't because of my current problem. also i should note that i don't have health insurance at this time and unemployed. i've called the doctor who performed the surgeries and they are unwilling to help me out. i'm just running out of options here. finding a job is hard enough but having testical problems too, makes things worse. is there a medicine i can try? should i wear some type of "supportive" underwear(i currently wear boxer breifs and i can't wear regular underwear because it hurts too much). are these problems typical with the surgeries i've had? thanks for looking at this and please help!!