please tell what to do?
I am 26 female, i've had a what i would call as well as my dr is a partially treated uti for about a month now n i was given antibiotics (zinnat) with out being tested for the type of bacteria, that didnt help then i was tested and they found mixed growth. I was then given another antibiotic(norfloxoin), which help a little but not much, then i was given another antibiotic(nitrofurantoin), this help significantly with everything, feeling like i was to be healed but the level pretty much stayed the same after the 4 day of the 7day course then about 5th - 6th day of the 7 day treatment the feelings got a little better. i have now completed the course and now have a buring sensation on n off and a lil urgency, my DR told me she wont give me a more antibiotics for a couple days but i still have this burning feeling, i didnt have this feeling althrough the uti its only now.  I now feel a slight pulling from what feels like the urethra to the navel. Please help me for i am tired of living with this any longer.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
I can understand your frustration. Along with a culture you need a sensitivity test done to know which antibiotic will kill the growth completely. Stop antibiotics for 3-4 days. Get a culture sensitivity done. Take the antibiotic that the organisms are sensitive to. That should solve the problem.

You must also get a CT scan or ultrasound of abdomen to see if there are any stones or polyps etc that are acting as a source of infection.

Please discuss this with your doctor and get yourself investigated accordingly. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!