Urology Expert Forum
recieved a positive urine drug test

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

recieved a positive urine drug test
Could it be possible to test positive for drugs after engaging in a golden shower where urine from another person got in my mouth if that person was a regular narcotic drug user? I believe this happened to me since there is no other explanation for the positive drug test result i recently received. Thank you for your answer
Dear gdanny,

In my opinion, a positive drug test because of engaging in golden shower is highly unlikely. In fact, some people are known to drink urine in order to pass the drug test.

You must check if any drugs (routine medication) and food items you are regularly taking could be responsible for it. Many times things that appear innocuous may cause a positive drug test.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Rajiv Goel