Urology Expert Forum
right side pain and infection
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

right side pain and infection

5 years ago i had a hysterectomy because of chronic pelvic immflamatory disease(they left the right ovary)Since i have had a sharp pain on the right low abdomin (abdomen) and water infections(about every month but no bacterial growth)Eventually i was put on 6 months of ciproaflaxin this was great it gave me my life back until i came off it and it all flared back up with in weeks.So i am back on them
I have since seen a gyny and i am having the right ovary out next week.I've been told it could makes things better it might not.I have had all urology test but all ok.All doctors are baffled and i am suffering with no diagnosis.Can problems with the ovary cause problems with your bladder?
If i still have the problem when my ovary is out do i just stay on this long term antibiotic(they do work but the side effects make me feel rubbish)I am 34 and looking for advice
Related Discussions
Hello - thanks for asking your question.

Without examining you or your studies, it is unlikely I can come up with something your doctors haven't.  

Chronic pelvic inflammatory disease is one of the more common reasons for chronic pelvic pain.  

Studies have shown that hyseterectomy and/or removal of the ovaries can reduce chronic pelvic pain that is of unclear etiology.  As your doctors have mentioned, there is no guarantee that the procedure would work.  

Endometriosis can cause chronic pelvic pain and can affect both the ovary and the bladder.  I am unaware of ovarian problems causing direct problems with the bladder.  

If the surgery does not improve the pain, I would be evaluated by a rheumatologist for fibromyalagia or a gastroenterologist for irritable bowel syndrome - they are other causes of chronic pelvic pain.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
Jan 27 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank