Urology Expert Forum
testicular transplant
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

testicular transplant

Age 50

Condition:
Following birth my testicles did not descend normally and remained undescended for a significant period. For this reason, or as a result of a significant fever over several days due to the mumphs, I have always been completely sterile (zero sperm count). Testosterone levels are below normal.

Additionally, I have substantial growth of varicose cele veins surrounding one testicle. Both testicles are small and/or undeveloped and produce relatively small quantities of semen.

I have read much of the available internet material on testicular transplants. Most cases seem to involve cancer patients and the preservation of fertility, wherein the patient essentially has one testicle removed and reattached following chemotherapy and/or radiation treatments.

My goal is not to become fertile, but rather to have normal size testicles free of varicose cele growth. Secondarily, I want to increase the quantity of testosterone and semen to normal levels.

Are testicular transplants from one man to another possible?  

If so, will such a transplant result in natural/normal production of testosterone?

Would such a transplant result in natural/normal production of semen?

Would such a transplant result in any genetic change to the recipient?

Is there a leading hospital, medical center or doctor in the study of testicular transplants?

Thank you.