Vitamins & Supplements Community
Vitamin D Deficency
About This Community:

Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally; if you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. Supplements can also be important to provide your body with extra nutrients depending on the activities you do. Discuss topics including vitamin deficiency, food to counter vitamin deficiency, sufficient vitamin levels, and supplements.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vitamin D Deficency

I've been having symptoms such as my muscles twitching and popping, my skin feeling like it was burning, fatigue, and feeling dazed. I went to the doctor and they said that I was having an anxiety attack..then I went to another doctor to get a second opinion and they took blood and said that I have a Vitamin D deficiency and I should took take calcium 1~2 times a day.
Can a Vitamin D deficiency cause my muscles to twitch and pop and cause fatigue? I've never had a vitamin deficiency before.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1756321_tn?1377771734
Without treatment, vitamin D deficiency can have significant health effects including:

Bone and muscle pain
Rickets (soft, weakened bones) in children
Osteopenia (weak, fragile bones – also known as osteomalacia or osteoporosis) in older adults
Muscle weakness
Chronic fatigue
Cold/Influenza
Allergies
Asthma
Tuberculosis
Depression
Seasonal Affective Disorder
Gum disease/tooth decay
High blood pressure
Coronary heart disease  
Cancer
Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Multiple sclerosis
Rheumatoid arthritis

Treatment for a vitamin D deficiency is vitamin D3 supplements.  You can find this supplement at pharmacies and health food stores.  The Recommended Daily Amount for vitamin D is 400IU - 600IU (many health professionals state this is far too low) and the Upper Tolerable Limit is 4000IU daily. Higher amounts of vitamin D can be taken temporarily to correct a deficiency state.  I wouldn't recommend over 10 000IU of vitamin D3 without medical supervision.  

Magnesium is the most important co factor for vitamin D absorption.  Most magnesium is stored in the tissues, so leg cramps, foot pain or muscle twitches are usually the first signs of a magnesium deficiency.  To add, both vitamin D and magnesium are needed for calcium absorption.
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
I had muscle cramps, fatigue, dry skin .... the calcium  helps the Vitamin D or D3 absorb and most have calcium diphosphate included I think.

Definitely speak with your doctor ... Vitamin D can be toxic if taken too much and what's too much for one is different than another person depending on your personal levels.

Here's super info :
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Weight-Loss/Dietary-Supplement-Fact-Sheet-Vitamin-D--Page-1-of-3/show/1005?cid=129

C~
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Vitamins & Supplements Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank