Vitamins & Supplements Community
calcium problem

Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally; if you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. Supplements can also be important to provide your body with extra nutrients depending on the activities you do. Discuss topics including vitamin deficiency, food to counter vitamin deficiency, sufficient vitamin levels, and supplements.

calcium problem

Hi, I’m a 26 year old having loads of vitamin problems. I am 5ft 5inches short. Weight up to 60 kg. I live in an underdeveloped country with even more under developed medical facilities available. Also, the doctors here suck.
Every since my early teenage life, I have been playing basketball. However, I have not been able to play to the level of any kid at my age due weak bones. I get cramps every few runs I take. My bones would not take too much pressure. They usually end getting weak and stressed out (usually my knees) so, after like almost over 12 years, after one night due to intense jogging right around the next day I had to show a doctor; my left leg calves BECAUSE they don’t have any strength. After showing him he said its due to lack of calcium. He did blood test. See below the results. And I had to go through ultra sound physiotherapy for 5 days.

Haemoglobig : 11.6, Nutrophlis 51, Eosinphlis 02, Lymphocyte 45, Monocyte 02, ESR (westergren): 17, CReactive Protein:<6mg/I, Calcium CA++ 8.47.

Tab Acenac 100 mg BD x 10 days
Tab Pirox Dt 20mg BD x 7 days
Tab Ezoz 40mg BD x 10 days
Tab Vit-C BD x 10 days
Tab chymoral forte QID x 5 days
Tab Milical OD x 15 days

After showing report he gave these meds.
Cap Evion 400mg BD x 15 days
Cap Shelcal 500mg BD x 15 days
Tab Voveran SR 75mg BD x 15 days
Tab Esoz 40mg OD x 15 days
Tab Tryptomer 10mg HS x 7 days

My calves are ok now.

After showing him the results he responded by saying for my age 8.47 is very low. So I have to have at least a 9.50 or mostly a 10.50.
Henceforth. My biggest question is, will I be able to achieve my goal to increase my calcium level to a 10.5 in my youth and how?
I mean is it even possible? Like I’m 26 already

Please, please help
Edit: You can increase any nutrient but co factor need to be present for optimal absorption.  

I had severe vitamin D deficiency and severe magnesium deficiency and could not raise my calcium levels.  Magnesium is the boss of vitamin D and calcium. Vitamin D is the boss of calcium. Don't mess with the boss! :) Iron deficiency and vitamin D deficiency are the two most common deficiencies world wide affecting billions.
I always show a positive chovestek sign every time my calcium levels drop. You can have a look online for videos on that easy test. Calcium, vitamin D and magnesium all work together for absorption.  

You can increase any nutrient all co factor are present for optimal absorption. And you also need adequate stomach acid and healthy intestinal tract as well.

Haemoglobin is low (Male: 13.8 to 17.2 gm/dL) and ESR is higher (Men under 50 years old: less than 15 mm/hr).  Low haemoglobulin indicates a reduction in either the number or the size of red blood cells.

For healthy haemoglobin levels, it is essential to obtain enough iron, folate and vitamin B12 in the diet. ESR is an inflammation marker and most likely elevated due to low haemoglobin levels.

I really have brain fog but yeah i mean co-factors. For calcium, that is vitamin D and magnesium. Okay i'm done. :)
Thanks. for the info. right now im taking vitamin D pills and some other.. even an vitamin C pills too. Also im trying to eat healthy stuff n all. One question after taking all these meds, how long do I wait to check on my blood test to see if my Calcium level is increased?

Aw forgot to mention my Haemoglobin prob is from that am a thalassemia career :( thanks again for the info
btw not a full blown thalassemia career.