28 weeks, measuring large
I just got back from my 28 week checkup, and everything is great, except my dr said I was measuring almost three weeks large and wants me to go for an ultrasound next week.  Has this every happened to anyone else?  I'm hoping maybe it means I'll have her a couple weeks early but I don't know if that's a real indicator or not.
Are you sure of when you concieved?  Is it possible that your due date was not calculated correctly?  I have heard this is a common reason for babies being off schedule.
That's the weird thing, I'm completely sure of my dates, as I always had a 28 day cycle and also had two early ultrasounds at five and six weeks, so that definitely isn't it.
Maybe you have an excess of amniotic fluid which is making your uteres expand thus you are measuring larger???

Just a thought:)
Right it could be a couple different things.  If it's not your dates it could possibly be due to polyhydraminos which means excessive amniotic fluid.  Or it could possibly be that the baby is large for the gestational age.  Due you have diabetes or anything?  Either way the ultrasound should tell you what's going on.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.