Aa
A
A
Close
6 week old baby with constipation
Hello Ladies, my little boy will be 7 weeks on Friday! He is a very content baby he does suffer from acid reflux, but he has prescribed medication for it.  His problems are that he has not been able to have a normal bowel movement, he has to be on a laxitive and still has problems. He started off on Enfamil with Iron, then went to Nutramigen Now he has been on Prosobe for 5 days he has NOT spit up at all since the switch,, he does not seem to be fussy like he was when he was eating.  BUT he still is having problems having a bowel movement any suggestions would be GREATFUL!!
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
286776 tn?1268877932
Give him some nusery water..always did it for my baby when she was constipated.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
286776 tn?1268877932
*NURSERY
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
93532 tn?1349374050
Do you mean he is having hard firm stools or is going less frequently? True constipation is not an issue of going infrequently, it is the consistency of the stool  Overuse of laxatives can cause dependency on them, so please be very careful. If it is hard and dry stools, try finding a formula with less iron.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1271098 tn?1270589096
my 6 week old baby suffers with trapped wind ive tried infacol and gripe water nothing seems to work, now hes suffering with constipation is there anything i can give him ???
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health: Postpartum Community Resources