9 month old DD has a cold... what can I do to help her feel better?
My 9 month old DD has a cold and is so miserable. She has so much stuff in the back of her throat that she has a hard time eatting and she is coughing from it as well. I have her on chilren's claritin recommended by her dr for allergies, but she just acts like she feel bad. Any suggestion as to what I can try to help her feel better. We didn't get much sleep last night because she kept waking up. I would appreciate any thoughts.
Brandy
my 19 month old has a cold too!  :(  the only thing i'm doing right now is saline drops and a nose syringe.  i don't think there are any recomended cold meds for our little ones anymore.  i hope your dd (and mine) gets over her cold soon!
Try a cool mist humidifier in her room. It can really help.
Both of the above work, also try giving her tylenol at night.  That seemed to make my son a lot more comfortable when he was sick.  For the congestion you can try turning on the shower and steam up the bathroom and just sit in there with her for a little while until you hear her chest clearing up.  Vicks also helps.  I think they have children's vicks, it's not as intense.