Aa
A
A
Close
No tearing or stitches is it okay to have sex 3 weeks after birth
I'm not really bleeding just a spot or two and I'm not having any pain in my vagina and wasn't tore or cut while giving birth is it okay to have sex at 3 weeks of giving birth
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi . No you shouldnt have sex yet because you might not get stitches nor tearing your vagina still expanded while giving birth it takes time to revive normality of size ( the hole ) so i advise to stick with 6 weeks . No rush
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
You should not cause it's best for you to wait the 6 weeks that you're supposed and especially if you're doctor says that it's okay when you go to your postpartum visit because that's what I did
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
My Dr told me no earlier than 6 weeks and then id be checked by him to see how I am doing. 3 more weeks to go lol. Its pretty hard to wait but I personally couldnt imagine having sex right now. Lol. I did tear and had stitches but its healed now and the stitches have dissolved and have minimal. But I can feel my uterus isnt back to normal.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
You should not 6 weeks it's the best my doctor told me that.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Women's Health: Postpartum Community Resources