Aa
A
A
Close
Pregnancy-turrets
If pregnant with a child that has turrets, will the mother have tics while pregnant?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
134578 tn?1463413330
The short answer is no.  If you are worried about Tourette's Syndrome being transmitted to your child because your partner has it, there is some suggestion that there is a genetic link, but that link hasn't been clearly genetically identified.  (Not every child of a parent with Tourette's turns out with Tourette's himself.)  In any case, a fetus in utero will not give the mother tics, even if later in life he is diagnosed with Tourette's.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
No I'm not worried about my children (if I ever have them) having turrets, I know that the boys will. My partner has turrets, and his father, and his uncles and his grandfather, and his great uncles and so on, none of the females. I was just wonderig if I was pregnant would I have the tics during pregnancy because my cousin has diabetes and my aunt had diabetes while she was pregnant with him.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
134578 tn?1463413330
A fetus in utero will not give the mother tics, even if later in life he is diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health: Postpartum Community Resources