Swollen hands and feet? Is this a sign of a problem?
They are pretty swollen, I'm 37 weeks and have 12 days until induction... I woke to really swollen hands and feet, I know I have heard this could be an issue but I forget why? Thanks
its called preeclampsia i would call your doctor if it happened really quick. Do you have a headake or blurred visionis your face really swolen too? Call your Doc
I think what you are thinking of is preclampsia. Yes, swelling in your face, hands, feet and/or your whole body is a sign. You should check with your Dr. if you have rapidly gained a lot of weight. Some swelling, especialy in the last month, is normal. Some other signs are high blood presure, protien in the urine, headaches, vision changes like blurry spots, double vision, or even losing your sight for awhile. You could have extreme pain in your belly, and being sick to your stomach. When I was pregnant with my 3rd baby my feet swelled so much I could barely move my toes and I couldn't get any shoes on. I was 9 months and it was in the middle of summer. So I went to the Dr. and they checked my blood presure and it was fine. Do some research on preaclampsia. there might be some more symptoms of it that I can't remember right now. If you are worried go to your Dr. and get your blood presure checked. That should tell you or not. but if swelling is your only concern then my guess is you are fine, unless is extreme swelling. But I am not a Dr. so if you think there might be a problem then might not hurt to call your Dr.
Good luck on the new baby! :)

while swollen hands and feet CAN be an indication of pre eclampsia.. it doent ALWAYS mean that that is the case.

it can simply mean that you is retaining water.. and that is VERY normal so far along.. she did say that she is in her 37th week.

i occasionally have the same thing.. and.. my blood pressure is around 100/60. I am in my 35th week ...

if you are having other symptoms.. then i would suggest you put in a call to your doctor.. or.. if you want to quickly see what your blood pressure if .. go down to a walmart pharmacy.. or a CVS.. or a walgreens.. they have blood pressure machines there..I would suggest doing it at 2 different places.. so that you get a more accurate reading.. that way you will know if they both say the same thing.. thats probably what it is..

emergency rooms have no problem in you going in there for a urine dip and a blood pressure check.. its always better to be safe than sorry..

try NOT to worry!!! swelling is VERY common!! put your mind at ease and go check your blood pressure.. stop by the ER to see if you are spilling protein..

believe me.. finding out for sure whats going on .. is much better than spending a whole weekend worrying about it.  

My hands and feet are also very swollen. I am 29 weeks and I went to the doctor on Thursday and they said I am fine because my blood pressure is good and there is no protein in my urine.  I would call the doctor if you are concerned.  Good luck to you!! You don't have much time left. :)
in addition to what was said above, try drinking a bunch of water and sitting with your feet elevated, see if that helps.
Wish u the best!!! Your in my thoughts & prayers!!! WOW u don't have long at all til your baby will be in your arms!!! :)
i had hbp when pg w/ds. swelling was always an issue for me. i never developed preeclempsia (sp?). i had to just rest alot in the end. the last month of my pg i was in the hospital every week being monitored, the last time i wa even admitted. i would start to feel weird so i go to walmart or dr office to have bp checked i would get there and it would be about 140-150 over 102-105. so off to the hosp i was sent. once i laid down and the started monitoring me the readings would be 80-85 over 72-74, big difference. i began to wonder if i was losing my mind. then on the last visit i had to go to the bathroom and as i was getting up the bp monitor started. when the nurse came in she was shocked b/c all of a sudden it was sky high. dr realized i needed bedrest for 37th-38th wk. i was induced at 38.5 wks. the day i went to hospital i was so swollen the nurses and tech couldn't get an iv in my arm or hand. when i look back at those pics i can not believe how swollen i was, i looked like will smith on hitch when he had the allergic reaction. even with the worst of my swelling i did not develope preeclempsia, i was lucky.
i would still make your dr aware of the swelling so it can be monitored.