bicornate uterus & kidney problems
I am 39 years old and have a 4 year old daughter and was diagnosed with a bicornate uterus during my c-section.  My sister also has the same diagnosis and has 2 children a boy 8 and 5 year old daughter.  Her daughter was born with a duplex ureter to one kidney and my sister and the baby went through hell- in the hospital with UTI all the time.  It wasnt until her kidney was removed (4yrs old) that she started to eat food.  

How can the Doctors detect any kidney anomolies in utero and at what time during the pregnancy?
What are my chances of having a kidney problem in a baby girl based on this history?  It is clearly a genetic link with the girls in our family.
I have a didelphic uterus, which means I have two uterus and two cervix.  As far as I know none of the other females in my family have my anomoly.  I have read soo much about kidney defects with this condition and to be honest with you, I have no idea if I have both of mine or not.  I have never had it checked.  I would assume that your sisters doctor did that test because he knew of the anomoly that you and your sister share and wanted to diagnose her daughter upon birth.  I do not know how that is performed either.  If my baby is a girl, I am 19w5d pregnant.. then my doctor will check my daughter as well.

I am very glad to hear that you gave birth to your daughter.  Are you willing to share any complications that you may have had with conceiving, miscarriages and child birth?  
I also was diagnosed with a uterus abnormality during a c-section. I have a bicornate uterus. I had many kidney problems as a child. Chronic UTIs unexplainable abdominal pain have plagued me throughout my entire life. I found out that the kidneys and uterus are related because they form around the same time in utero. It makes me wonder about the problems that other women have had with their kidneys if they also have a malformed uterus. Did you experience any of these problems?
i also have a bicornuate uterus.  my renal anomaly is my left kidney looks like a prune and, of course, is non-functional.  however, we have soooo many nephrons per kidney (around 1,000,000) that only about half of them are working at one given time, so if you are lacking one kidney, it is possible that the 1,000,000 nephrons in your other kidney will pick up the slack and allow normal renal function.  i have never had any problems with infections or irregular electrolyte balance due to poor filtration, or problems during pregnancy.  so i consider myself lucky in this department.