Failed IUD insertion
I tried to have an IUD inserted in February, but the Dr. was unable to insert it.  He said my cervix was too closed.  He said this is quite uncommon.  He didn't really give me much information except that I would need to use some other form of birth control.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?  Is there something wrong with me?  Should I be worried?  I would like to try again to have an IUD inserted, but I am afraid that my uterus could become perforated or something if it is still tightly closed and the Dr. forces it.  Does anyone have any advice?
Yesterday I went into the hospital to get an IUD and I had the same problem. The midwife told me that with my young age, small body frame, and not having a child that my uterus might to too closed. I wanted to try it anyways and, as it turns out, she was right. I experienced some of the most horrible pain I have ever felt and I ended leaving the hospital without an IUD.