Inconsistent nipple coloring and seemingly a skin tag
Recently I noticed some tenderness in my breasts (usually occurs around the start of my period) so decided to take a look. On inspection of my nipples, I saw a small skin tag like outcrop on one which was not removable and felt raw after seeing if it was just loose dry skin.  Both of them are not a consistent coloring as well, they are mottled light and dark pink and rough in the light pink areas. I intern at a place where I see a great variety of nipples but none seem to have the same rough mottling as mine. Should I be concerned?
It can be a skin tag,wart or a benign skin growth. Skin tag is a benign condition and you do not have to worry about it. These tiny skin growths generally cause no symptoms unless they are repeatedly irritated. The commonest area where they occur are armpits, groins, neckfolds etc.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.