Itchy pubic area after shaving.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Itchy pubic area after shaving.

I'm 14, and about a week ago I shaved my pubic hair, but not fully - just to clean it up. Ever since then I have had an unbearable itch around my labia/pubic area, which is embarrassing when I'm at school or out with my friends. What can I do to soothe or stop this itch?
You may have shaved the pubic hair a little short around that area, so it's agitating your sensitive skin.  In that case, there's little I know of that you could do aside from waiting for it to grow out and just watching how short you shave it in the future.  Maybe trimming it with a scissor would glean you the results you're wanting if you're not wanting to fully shave it.  It would provide more control.
it happens to everyone, once it grows back it will be fine or u could try shaving every other day to keep it short and then apply some cream straight after. hope this helps
You need to shave in one direction, you want to shave down , going towards your feet, never up. That's why this happen. Put some baby oil on it, that will help you. The same goes for under arms, only top going towards your feet, other wise the same thing will happen... the red bumps will appear. They can really hurt under your arms...Always remember...one way ONLY, GOING DOWN, NEVER UP. You need to go the same direction as the hair grows! You will ever have that problem again, and never use an old shaver, use it a week, then toss it.
PSS. and your legs too, same rule
forgot to say try using hair conditioner when shaving. also i do agree with julie coz i shave goin down but i also shave goin up straight after so down first then up, maybe try both on different parts on the body.