Women's Health Community
Late period followed by two early periods AND pregnancy symptoms??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Late period followed by two early periods AND pregnancy symptoms??

July 20 period came - was expected to show on July 18.. This cycle was only 4 days (mine usually last between 5-6 days)
August 16 Period came - was 6 days Early. Wasnt supposed to start until August 22.
August 29th had pink tinge on my TP - only lasted 1 bathroom trip then nothing more.

After this time I started feeling odd. Pregnant like. Dizzy spells, tires, increased potty breaks, moody like no other, back pains, headaches, queasy, slight cramping in uterus area, some food smells would make my stomach turn etc.

By this time I had taken 4 different HTP - all came out negative. Figured it was because i was testing too early.

Started what I believe is my period this morning (again it came early, not expected til the 18th). however this cycle is different then normal. It started very faint redish pink and then throughout the day has progressed to just an almost transparent red. Not bleeding a whole lot, like day 1 of my cycle usually is. I have changed my lady product a few times today each time the tampon has not been "fully used".

My initial plan was to wait til this weekend and test again, but this kind of threw a wrench in that idea. I have a couple different worries here.
1. could i have been pregnant and do we think i may have miscarried? (no severe cramping with or without the bleeding)      
2. Do i have something else i need to worry about since my period has come early two months in a row?

I am a Google addict and have done nothing but read thread after thread and blog after blog of people with the same or similar issues and people saying that they were pregnant and bled this many months into their pregnancy yada yada yada. biggest question is does this seem like something I NEED to go to the OB for?

BTW I am a 24 yr old mother of 1 - hubby and i are very active in the bedroom but arent currently TTC - this is just one of those things and hes worried that there may be soemthing wrong since I'm having all the symptoms of preg.
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Delayed periods are usually due to pregnancy. Most home pregnancy tests that check urine beta-HCG are sensitive to 20-25 mIU/ml of HCG. The test can be positive anywhere from about 2-3 days prior to a missed menses to 4-5 days after, but usually it should be done 7-10 days past your missed period. You can check your pregnancy status by urine for pregnancy test or get your serum HCG levels checked which is more specific test for pregnancy.

Such spotting can occur in corpus luteum defect of pregnancy.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...