Women's Health Community
Secondary Amenorrhea and getting menstrual cycle
About This Community:

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Secondary Amenorrhea and getting menstrual cycle

I am 37 y.o. 2 years ago Over the past three years, I have gone without my menstrual cycle for 3-6 months.  I have seen a Doctor about it the first time and was put on Progestrone pills twice and no cycles.  It happened again this year.  I went without my period from Oct until this Saturday.  When I got my menstual cycle Saturday morning, I was scared.  I passed blood clots the size of golf balls, in addition, I had dark, jelly like clots about 3 inches long on the tissue.  I couldn't go more than 30 minutes without bleeding through everything.  By the afternoon, it was like I was not having my period at all.  Then on Sunday, it was heavy again in the morning, then tampered to nothing at all.  I have never experienced anything like this before even after getting my period after months without.  My cycles last roughly two days.  Also to note, on friday I had pains that made me hunch over on both sides of my "ovaries".  Those again are things I don't usually experience.  I have history of moderate/severe cervical dysplasia and had a LEEP in Novemer 2008.  Has anyone experienced this or can help with any information?