Severe abdominal pain after tubal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Severe abdominal pain after tubal

I had a tubal ligation 2/09 the doctor left a small piece of gauze in my stomach (laparoscopic surgery) I was seen in the er 4 days later with severe infection and treated with antibiotics. 3 wks later I was admitted to a larger hospital for severe abdonimal pain, taken in for exploratory surgery and they discovered that my right tube and ovary were inflamed and severly infected. They were unable to remove anything because of the infection. I had IV antibiotics for 4 days and they informed me that I had signs of PID and need a hysterectomy. I had hysterectomy 7/09 they only removed my uterus and said my ovaries looked fine. I then had a tummy tuck to clean up all of the scar tissue to my abdominal muscles (11/09) since the infection (2/09) I have had severe pain in my lower right side. No surgery has made the pain go away. I was curious is PID could cause this severe pain in one specific spot. Also does anyone have any idea what could be causing the pain? so far the doctors have not figured it out. Im 26 healthy and just want the pain to stop. thanks for advice