WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
Shooting pain through vagina and anus
by sharpshooter, Sep 16, 2005
I have sharp shooting pains through my vagina and anal area.  They only last a few seconds.  The build and peak like labor pains.  Say I'm in the kitchen and I'll feel it coming on so I have time to brace myself.  I'll set down whatever it is i'm holding and get ready.  I have to cross my legs, bend my knees, hold on to something, clench my body tight, and try to breathe.  Thank God it only lasts a few seconds.  My 14 yr. old son witnessed it yesterday and tried to call 911.  I kept signaling him not to.  I knew it wouldn't last long.  My gyno. didn't understand me when I tried to explain it to her.  What is going on?  Has anyone else experienced this kind of unbearable pain?  If the pain lasted even a min. I feel like I would just pass out and die from the pain. Honestly, it's worst than labor pains.  I never know when it's going to occur.  And when it does happend, I have to be standing to get through it, I can't be sitting.  I've also noticed that after the pain passes I'm out of breath and dizzy.  What is going on?  What should I be tested for?  Also, I've had a stabbing pain on my right side of my stomach under my rig cage.  It seems to move around the area.  Cannot take a deep breath in or yawn without tremendous pain.  Does anyone have an idea about what that could be?  Thankyou ahead of time to those who respond to my questions.
Member Comments (771)
by JoAnnaRF, Sep 16, 2005
I suggest a Gastrointerologist. The pain you describe sounds really bad and there is a reason, you just need a specialist to help you find it. Good luck! Hope you feel better soon.
by leanne101, Sep 26, 2005
Hi there mynames leanne. i was reading about your shooting pains. i too had the exact same problem last nite but only in the anus. these pains lasted about an hour and i could hardly walk. i was just wondering if you have recently suffered a miscarriage because i did a little less than a week ago and i was wondering if it had anything to do with that cos i had these pains during the miscarriage too only not as bad. please write bk
by Sfsimonson, Sep 30, 2005
The right side of your rib cage pain sounds like gall bladder to me. I had mine out not long ago and the problem with stones felt that way.
by poo70, Oct 11, 2005
I have, had pain in my vagina and my anus too! but i just take 2 modrin and go to sleep because i can't deal with the pain. Hope we both can come up with a answer for this painful painful problem.
by bkl, Oct 11, 2005
I have the same exact thing happening to me and I am starting to get scared . I am a little afraid of doctors and haven't seen one in four years I have been putting the pain off because it happens only about once a month but this past time was the worst ever and it happened on and off all day. If anyone has any answers please email me. ***@**** Tank You.
by opticalgal, Oct 12, 2005
i know what pai you guys mean, i believe that it happens to me around ovulation so check your calendars next time it happens i tihnk it ovulation pain...hope that helps
:)
by Jawharra, Oct 15, 2005
Hi sharpshooter:)

I am having the same problem. I have noticed it is gradually getting worse. One other thing I have noticed is the way I sit now.

I used to sit normally, but now I have been sitting further forward and bending over. Typing at a low coffee table. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

It is very painful, and scary, and just like you it only lasts a couple of seconds.

Who is going to be the first to go to the doctor, I have been thinking about it. Maybe it will be me.

:)
by cleigh, Oct 23, 2005
I have had this pain off and on for 3 years now.  I have been tested for endometriosis and other STD's. All negative.  My GYN has come to the conclusion that i have cysts on my overies and it is just the leakage that is causing the cramping and pain.  That may be true, but why does my anus hurt?  I feel like i am being stabbed with a knife!  I went through child labor with no meds and this is comparable.  I was looking on the net tonight and have come up with a couple of things I would like to take to the doctor.  Anal pain:  Proctalgia Fugax.  They say it occurs in men and women and the cause is unknown.  To help deal with the pain they say to sit on the edge of the bath tug, sit on a tennis ball or just apply pressure.  Sit in a hot bath or apply ice.  Or take a mild pain killer, but since the pain does not last too long, this may not be effective.  The vaginal pain may be something more deep inside such as pelvic inflammatory disease, problems w/ the uterus, endometriosis, pelvic mass, bowel or bladder issues, scar tissue or ovarian cysts.  
I know I need to get to the doctor soon, but i don't know which way to go.  Is this a gynocalogial problem?  An intestinal problem? Any comments would be appreciated!  Kindest regards to all.  
by SHELLY83, Oct 25, 2005
Sounds like something that happens to me,... it comes and goes, i only ever get it thru my vagina. The 1st time it happened was over 2yrs ago....i couldn't breathe or move it lasted for afew min's aswell...that was worst pain i've ever felt. Sharp stabbing pain right thru the middle up level with my belly botton. Since then i can get it once or twice a month, other times i dont get the pain at all. and most the time the pain is only just bareable. I usually just sit or stand depending on level of pain and grin and bare it. I dont have any children and when i seen the doctor about it she said i might have a slight case of endometriosis, and that was after i had test down, she said sometimes endo doesnt show up! Afew of my friends have endo and even tho it took time they are now preg and also i was preg early this yr (lost it) and think i may be again now!