Yeast Infection and small cuts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Yeast Infection and small cuts

I went to the gyno about 3 days ago and he diagnosed me with a yeast infection. He looked in me, swabbed me and tested it. It was 100% yeast and he said I was a bit red and swollen. He did not seem to notice anything wrong so I did not tell him about my Herpes phobia.

He gave me medicine and it is healing good, the itching has been minimal since the start and there is no burning or pain.

I had unprotected oral sex about 2 weeks ago today (10 days prior to the doctor diagnosing me with a yeast infection) and un protected oral sex with someone else about 2 months ago and am completely paranoid. I noticed today that there are a few paper cut looking things bove my clit, closer to my skin, almost outside the vagina. I think I noticed them yesterday too, In fact, they may have been there when I went to the docor for all I know. I can't feel them so I have no idea.  It does not hurt at all, unless I touch it with my finger then it stings a pit but not really. My vagina swelling is alot less and to me, I look heathy down there, aside from the subsiding yeast. Literally, if I did not have a fear of herpes I would not feel anything, maybe slight itching, and it itches where the cuts are which I am sure irritates it more when I scratch it, but I try not to. I have looked online and it says small tears can be common with yeast infections and not to mention I stretch my skin every few hours to look at my self because of my paranoia. I think I am drying it out from all of this, I keep taking baths too.

I know that bood tests are not reliable so I am not sure what to do. I just went to the gyno 3 days ago, would I really need to go again? This is literally taking over my life I cannot sleep or focus on anything, I think everything is herpes. I plan to get conseling about this phobia.

What do you guys think? Am I being too crazy? Since I was just at the doctor and they took a sample, I assume they would see any cuts or antyhing abnormal especially if they tested a sample of the yeast. Could the cuts be from my vagina being swollen and me stretching it to look at it plus some scratching and healing of yeast? (I have never had a yeast infection before and was just on very strong anti biotics) I even went on multiple online chats with professional doctors and they said I had nothing to worry about but I cannot help it.

Some peace of mind would be amazing. Is this normal? Should I go to the doctor again? These cuts are so small, literally one layer of skin, like a tear, I feel like it will heal super fast.

Okay I will stop this rant. Thank you.

Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? I understand your concern regarding your phobia. Yeast infections usually occur in warm, moist parts of the body and may be associated with a variety of factors such as stress, pregnancy, illnesses, medication side effects, hormone changes, and underlying conditions such as diabetes. This can be easily treated with prescription medicines but may recur.Try not to worry about the cuts since this could indeed be  associated with the infection. Medicated feminine wash may also help increase healing of these cuts.  If there is history of unprotected contact, additional tests may be requested  to rule out other infection or to ease any worry. Follow-up with your doctor is highly recommended. Take care and do keep us posted.