blood clots after orgasm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

blood clots after orgasm

I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
I'm a little worried as everytime I reach an orgasm, i bleed a little and pass blood clots, if i don't reach an orgasm there is no bleeding what so ever.

Here's a little information - I am not on my period when this happens, I am not pregnant and also am on no contraception, just rely on condoms. 3 years ago I lost too much blood from a period and had to be rushed to hospital, they gave me a clotting injection and was sent home with clotting tablets but they never did any tests (blood tests, scan etc) so i never really found out what happened to me that day.

The blood/blood clots after an orgasm have happened for a few years but only on and off, more recently the clots and bleeding have become more frequent and they only last for 10 minutes or so. When I was on the depo injection I went to my doctor about this and she said it was more than likely because of that but now it has been over a year since I have been on any form of contraception. The clots that come are pretty big too.

If anyone could please help as to what this is or may be as it is pretty worrying.
Tags: blood clots after orgasm
Go to the doctor--a different one who was willing to write this off for a side effect of the depo shot.  Also, a different hospital altogether if all these people were from the same hospital.  It's hard to believe and really concerning they never ran tests of any sort in the ER for that sort of issue.

Be sure to stress you aren't on any contraception and that this is happening more and more often than when you first started noticing it however long ago.  If it started before that incident 3 years ago, clarify that to them.  If it started after that, also make that clear.  There are some doctors and medical people on this forum, but it is hard to diagnose without being able to run tests.